myvidas.com Conditions of Use
The myvidas.com Internet site (hereinafter the “Site”) is the exclusive property of bioMérieux. bioMérieux maintains this Internet site for your personal information relating to various health issues and better knowledge of the VIDAS® range of products and services. Please feel free to browse the Site.
Your access to and use of the Site are subject to the following conditions ("General Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept the General Conditions without limitation or qualification.
REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS
1. To be eligible for an individual account on the Site, you must be a health professional and a VIDAS® products and services customer or partner.
2. You may register for an account with the Site by completing and submitting the online registration form. You will be asked to choose your login details.
3. Your registration will only be complete after validation of your status by a bioMérieux representative for your country.
4. If you already have an individual account on the mybiomerieux.com website, the user ID and password will be the same to access myvidas.com. However, you need to contact us to activate your account.
5. You commit to take all the necessary measures so as to ensure the confidentiality of your account details including but not limited to your account password. In no event, bioMérieux will be liable for any breach of such confidentiality nor for the possible damages or fraudulent use caused by it whether they might be foreseeable or not.
6. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account.
7. We may suspend or delete your account on the Site at any time at our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
8. You may delete your account on the Site by using your account control panel on the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - COPYRIGHT
9. You may only download documents that are associated with a “Download” button (“Documents”) displayed on the Site.
10. Reproduction, representation, distribution, publication, transmission of these Documents is allowed for all purposes performed free of charge, provided that you comply with all the terms of articles 11 and 12 below.
11. Any commercial use whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
12. Any modification, adaptation, translation, sale and otherwise disposal of all or part of Documents in any form and by any mean whatsoever is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of bioMérieux.
13. bioMérieux assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of the use of the Documents.
14. The Site includes content, including without limitation any drawing, article, diagram, image, picture, video material, sound material and any other material contained herein (“Materials”), excluding however the Documents.
15. Materials are protected by copyright, author rights, neighboring rights and/or other property rights according to French and International Laws and Treaties on Intellectual Property and Privacy Protection.
16. Such Materials are either the property of bioMérieux or of third parties having granted to bioMérieux the rights and licenses to use them in the Site.
17. The reproduction and use of any Material is hereby authorized (subject to specific mention of copyright and other proprietary notices) for your own personal information and knowledge of bioMérieux's group and products, to the exclusion of any commercial purpose whatsoever.
18. Any reproduction or use of the Materials and any part thereof other than for personal and private use is strictly prohibited without bioMérieux's prior written consent, except as otherwise provided in the General Conditions or specific authorization in the text of the Site.
19. Reproduction, representation, distribution, adaptation, modification, publication, transmission, translation, sale, and otherwise disposal of all or part of the Materials as well as of the presentation, the structure and the organization of the Site, in any form and by any mean whatsoever, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of bioMérieux, except as otherwise provided in the General Conditions or specific authorization in the text of the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - TRADEMARKS
20. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are pending, registered or common law Trademarks of bioMérieux, one of its subsidiaries, one of its companies, and/or third party.
21. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner.
22. Any use of the Trademarks or similar sign to a Trademark or to any other content displayed on the Site, except as provided in these General Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that bioMérieux will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of legal prosecution.
23. The signs here below (non-exhaustive list) are used, pending and/or registered trademarks belonging to bioMérieux, or one of its subsidiaries, or one of its companies:
bioMerieux, the blue logo, VIDAS, VIKIA, bioNexia
24. Any other name or trademark mentioned on the Site is the property of its respective owner.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
25. The designs or products displayed on the Site could be protected as industrial design in the name of bioMérieux or its partners, in France and/or around the world. Any reproduction or copy of these industrial designs without the expressed and prior permission of bioMérieux is forbidden and is considered as an act of counterfeiting.
26. The products displayed on the Site could also be protected as patent in the name of bioMérieux or its partners, in France and/or around the world. Any reproduction of a technical feature of these patents is forbidden and is considered as an act of counterfeiting.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
27. The use of the Site is at the only User’s risks. Neither bioMérieux nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of the access to, or use of the Site and/or any content thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "as is”, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. bioMérieux makes no warranties that the Site is free from errors, virus or other harmful materials nor that it will run without disruption; bioMérieux assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
29. The Site may contain links to other Internet sites which are provided to you only for convenience purposes. bioMérieux has no control on such sites nor reviewed all the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of sites linked to the Site. Your linking to or use of such sites and/or their content is under your own responsibility and at your own risks. Although bioMérieux may from time to time monitor or review discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, bioMérieux is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
30. Software from this Site may be further subject to French, United States or any other country's export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. Check your local laws and regulations accordingly before downloading or exporting any software from this Site.
31. bioMérieux uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site. However, bioMérieux makes no warranties as to its accuracy and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
32. This Site may contain information relating to various medical and health issues. This is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by doctors or other medical professionals. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing anybody's health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult your own doctor and medical advisors.
33. The Site may incorporate or summarise views, standards or recommendations of third parties or comprise material contributed by third parties. Such third party material is assembled in good faith, but does not necessarily reflect the considered views of bioMérieux, or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action. bioMérieux makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any third party information.
34. Any information contained in the Site that relates to bioMérieux's products and services shall not be legally binding. bioMérieux reserves the right to update and amend the Site and any information contained herein, including these Conditions of Use. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Conditions of Use to which you are bound.
35. In accordance with laws governing the protection of personal data, Users are hereby informed that while connecting to this Internet site, personal information will be automatically or voluntarily collected, retained and used as follows. If the Users do not wish such personal data be collected, retained and used according to the following conditions, they shall inform the Webmaster accordingly.
36. Personal data collected through each connection to the Site may, in particular, come from:
- the registration of Users' IP address through each connection;
- the automatic (login) or voluntary registration of Users' basic contact and identification information (such as name, address, telephone, fax, e-mail, company address or any other information the user agrees to submit) through the participation to chat room, studies, on line survey, the request for further information on bioMérieux including marketing and advertising materials, the subscription to newsletters or to any application form and the like.
37. Personal data collected will only be used by bioMérieux and its affiliates and, unless otherwise specified at the collection time, will not be disclosed to or shared with any third party for any purposes.
- personal data collected through each connection will be used to track Users' browsing on the Site so as to enable bioMérieux to make connection statistics on the most visited pages and, generally, to monitor and improve the running of the site;
- personal data collected through chat rooms, online surveys, further information application forms, subscription to newsletters and the like shall only be used to meet the purpose for which such information has been submitted and collected. Any subscription to a newsletter may be cancelled, at any time, by sending an e-mail to the Webmaster.
38. In accordance with the French Data Protection Act, No. 78/17, revised in 2004, you have a right to access, correct, amend and delete any personal information held about you. You can exercise this right at any time by sending your request to PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com, where it will be processed as promptly as possible.
39. A cookie is an item of data that is automatically placed on the hard drive of your computer when you access certain websites. A cookie uniquely identifies your browser to the server. Cookies enable us to store information on the server in order to improve your web-browsing experience and to carry out analyses and website performance tests. Most browsers are configured to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser so that it refuses all cookies or indicates when a cookie is sent.
40. Your web browser has settings that enable you to manage the cookies that may be placed on your computer. To find out more about these settings, click on the link corresponding to your browser.
List of the main browsers:
41. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. Please visit the website below to opt-out:
CHAT MODERATION PROCESS
42. You must provide your name, e-mail address and country of origin to access to the chat room. However, all postings are anonymous.
43. All questions are pre-approved by a bioMérieux moderator before being posted on the Chat wall.
44. You warrant that the content you submit on the Chat is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, offensive, defamatory of any person, company or trademark, or illegal.
45. You agree to only submit questions that relate to the subject of the Chat.
46. The aim of the myvidas.com Chat is to share useful information. Questions that are irrelevant, rude or offensive will not be approved. Likewise, customer complaints will not be handled during the chat sessions.
This website is the property of bioMérieux SA, a French “Société Anonyme” (SA) with registered capital of €12.029.370, registered with the Lyon Trade and Companies Register under the reference number 673 620 399, with its registered office at 376 Chemin de l’Orme, 69280 Marcy l’Etoile.
Telephone: +33 (0)4 78 87 20 00
20 Rue des Jardins
Registered with the NANTERRE Trade and Companies Register under the reference number 378 615 363
COLT TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
23-27 Rue Pierre Valette
Registered with the NANTERRE Trade and Companies Register under the reference number
402 628 838
© 2015 bioMérieux – All rights reserved